I just want to thank everyone for their well wishes with regards to the competition tonight. Here’s the kind of day NOT to have before you’re expected to be funny:
- Get 2 hours sleep due to snoring Yorkshire Terrier.
- 6:30am, hit a pothole and blow out the glass in the sign above the windshield on your work vehicle.
- Noon: don’t get as long a nap as you need between your split shift.
- 5:45PM get a text message that your honey bunny has been taken to the hospital by her daughter to deal with the pain from the last few days.
- Cellphone dies. Rush home to get charger.
- Get locked out of front door by broken lock. Hike over crusty snow to back door to get in.
- Call said girlfriend, have her tell you to go compete, she’ll be fine, just remember to hit ‘record’ on video camera.
- 6:20PM Rushing to get to the comedy club, stop at a red light, then turn right (legal here) just after invisible pedestrian steps onto crosswalk three lanes to the left.
- Get seen by cop.
- Get $575/4-demerit-point ticket.
- 7:55PM Getting prepared to go up second in the line-up, try not to show surprise when manager tells you first comic cancelled so you’re now number one. You’re now on in about 10 minutes.
- 8:10pm. Hit ‘Record’ on video camera, do weak-ass, distracted set in front of a great crowd. Go home and eat pizza after confirming honey bunny on way home from hospital.
- Get some fucking sleep.
Yah, I know… commenting on my own post. Lame.
But I thought that I should do a short followup to the crappy-day post above. Sleep didn’t stop the idiocy. I was an hour into my work day today when I slipped and fell on black ice (which should be called “invisi-ice”!) and landed on my back.
Off for four days. Had x-rays and blood work. Very good prognosis, but just one more handful of poop aimed at the fan while I’m looking directly into its epicenter.